Friday, June 19, 2009

Go Skateboarding Day eve.....

I'm actually talking about Saturday being GSD eve. The first day of summer is still the 21st. Why move the holiday? Sure, it's a made up event created by the retailers and manufacturers but still, stick with the first day of summer and lets not make this like Memorial Day or Washington's Birthday. So yeah, go skate every day anyway.

I had heard that the city might demolish the DIY spot from my last post but I checked it out today and it was still there. Not only was it still there but the city seems to have dropped off a dumpster. The area was very clean and they had added a list of rules which deny graffiti, breaking things and littering. I thought at first it said no loitering when I read the list. That seemed like it would be hard to do since hanging around is sort of part of the process of skating a spot.

I'll have more about the GSD 2009 later. There are lots of GSD eve events. The O'Fallon park with total chaos, Plan Nine's new Mills park opens for more chaos. Beyond that I think Ramp Riders is free too. You should double check that since I'm no John Auble. Anyway, I hope to have some video and photos from all the GSD eve events that I make it to. Remember, go skateboarding every day, but GSD is still on Sunday, not Saturday. Call me a stickler......

No comments:

Post a Comment